Your Culture and Identity
Connecting with your culture, getting important documents, and social media
Family visits you after you turn 18
This is something to outline in your leaving care (my future) plan. Here are some questions you can ask yourself and talk to your caseworker about.
- What will visits look like after 18?
- How will they be organised?
- Will you still have siblings in care? If so, what will contact look like, and how often will you see your siblings?
- Are you worried about the relationship you will have with your family after 18?
- Do you think there are safety concerns?
It's good to have a plan ready so you know what your expectations are, and what will work for you, keeping in mind safety, but also how important healthy family connections are.